Win4D.com Forum

Assemblix Homepage Courses Products Support FAQ Contact Tutorial WinTOTO

Go Back   Win4D.com Forum > Win4D Support Forum > Win4D Advance Feedback

Old 28/06/2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

Shennon still new in analysis.
Default License

Just a question,

I hear from rumours that when I upgrade the Maintenance support I have to pay $80 per license. Is it true? I am sure you did mention to me it is $80 for all licenses that I have.
Old 28/06/2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

HaiTong still new in analysis.

Hi Shennon,

Thanks for bringing it up in the forum.

The mainteance support is a fund that Assemblix set aside to further develop the software.

We have plan ahead on the development and in regards to your question, yes it is $80 for 1 year and all the licenses under the same CD is entitle to the upgrading for free.

For example if your CD has got 3 licenses, once you pay $80 all the 3 licenses is entitle to the upgrading for free.

Have a nice day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shennon
Just a question,

I hear from rumours that when I upgrade the Maintenance support I have to pay $80 per license. Is it true? I am sure you did mention to me it is $80 for all licenses that I have.

Lets work towards positive enviroment and made TTTTP a reality.

Pls Play Responsibly
Hai Tong
Old 28/06/2005, 03:40 PM

striking4d still new in analysis.
Default Appreciation

Let me take this opportunity to give a thank you note to Assemblix for their good support and service.

I have install 1 copy in my Desktop at home and 1 copy in my Office and 1 copy in my notebook. Recently, my home PC got infected with virus and the whole PC need to be reformat. The worst thing is I can't restore the Win4D license. Luckily, I still have my notebook to do my analysis. Still, I am heartbroken for the lost of license. However, next day, I call up Assemblix for help regarding this issue. Without hesitation, KL Tan gave me a helping hand that Ill never forget. I got back my license for my home PC and I learn something new, I can actually restore the license myself in the support page.

I am a very happy customer, a big thank you to Assemblix and KL Tan.
Old 28/06/2005, 06:32 PM
Administrator

kltan still new in analysis.

Since the license subject are brough up, I would like to highlight to all Win4D User that you can manage your license on the support page. You can restore license, apply password, apply upgrade password etc on the webpage 24 hours.

You will never going to lose a single license anymore with this kind of support cater for you to do it yourself.

http://www.assemblix.com.sg/support/...censelogin.asp

Wasn't it similar to unlimited installation and multiple installation?
Old 28/06/2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thank you for the clarifying this. Now I am very confident about your support. I just cannot understand why some people want to pass this kind of false information around.

Luckyly I check it out with you first.

My advise to new members here, please do not listen to all this false information from other source, check out the information from Assemblix.
Old 30/06/2005, 10:27 AM
Registered

Apple_Syndicate still new in analysis.

i would like to upgrade my win4d adv version, so wat must i do?
Old 30/06/2005, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Nice to hear from you again.
The version that you purchase in Oct 2003 is v1.0
According to your maintenance support, you can upgrade to version 2.0.1.1.

That means,

1st upgrade - V1.0.1.0 (FREE)
2nd upgrade - V1.4.7.2 (FREE)
3rd Upgrade - V2.0.1.1 (FREE)

Your maintenance support expired in 1 Oct 2004, if you renew now, you are actually paying $60 for all the upgrade from

1. - V2.1.0.0
2. - V2.2.1.0 and patch to V2.2.3.0

Your maintenance support renewal will start on 1 Oct 2004 to 1 Oct 2005. I am sure you can understand how the support works. All you need to do is send us your payment and we will update the license details in our server, immediately you can download the latest version to upgrade. This shall apply to all your licenses.

Hope to hear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint
i would like to upgrade my win4d adv version, so wat must i do?
Old 30/06/2005, 11:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltan
Nice to hear from you again.
The version that you purchase in Oct 2003 is v1.0
According to your maintenance support, you can upgrade to version 2.0.1.1.

That means,

1st upgrade - V1.0.1.0 (FREE)
2nd upgrade - V1.4.7.2 (FREE)
3rd Upgrade - V2.0.1.1 (FREE)

Your maintenance support expired in 1 Oct 2004, if you renew now, you are actually paying $60 for all the upgrade from

1. - V2.1.0.0
2. - V2.2.1.0 and patch to V2.2.3.0

Your maintenance support renewal will start on 1 Oct 2004 to 1 Oct 2005. I am sure you can understand how the support works. All you need to do is send us your payment and we will update the license details in our server, immediately you can download the latest version to upgrade. This shall apply to all your licenses.

Hope to hear from you.

meaning to say, if i renew my maintenance support now, it will expire on 1 oct 05 again? not 1 year from now???
Old 01/07/2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Maintenance support

Good question,

Let me further clarify this software maintenance support policy to all Win4D Advance or WinTOTO User.

You are given 12 months free maintenance support commencing from the day you install your software. This maintenance support covers the following items,
  1. Make available to the User from time to time all new releases of the Software which are logical extensions or modifications of the Software with all major enhancements and changes of the Software being offered at the standard release rates applying.
  2. Make all reasonable efforts to provide any necessary updates to the Software resulting from changes in Microsoft upgrades within 30 days.

Renewal of maintenance is allowed within 30 days prior to your expiry. Once expired, Assemblix is unable to extend the renewal policy offered to you.

However, members who have exceeded the 30 days grace to renew will come under the re-instatement policy. Please note that the re-instatement policy will not be valid if your expiry periods are more than 24 months.

There will be 2 mode of payment for the re-instatement policy. For example, if your maintenance expire on 1 Oct 2004 and you would like to renew the maintenance on 1st July 2005, below are the calculations.
  1. Pay $80. Your renewal year will be retroactive to your renewal date. That is from 1st Oct 2004 to 1st Oct 2005 (12 months)
  2. Pay another $80 for your renewal to date till 1 Oct 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint
meaning to say, if i renew my maintenance support now, it will expire on 1 oct 05 again? not 1 year from now???
Old 01/07/2005, 06:29 PM
Registered

KL,
I have one friend who have not use the software for quite sometime. Lately, he reinstall the software but was unable to update the result. He was very angry and said the software already expired and cannot use anymore.

I doubted his claim, currently he is mad about the situation and don't want to talk about it. I think I better check with you on his behalf.

What was the situation?
Old 01/07/2005, 07:04 PM
Registered

actually i am still blur, maybe i will look for u in ur office one day.
Old 01/07/2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Actually there is nothing wrong with his software. We do not sale a software that will expiry and cannot be use anymore. We believe in giving the best to our user. I think most likely it is the version that he is using. We made some changes to our result updating in Version 2 onward.

Only when you upgrade your version to 2.0 and above then you can update the result. Don't worry, we have ensure all User of Win4D Advance are allow to upgrade to V2.0 even if your maintenance is expired.

So I hope you can convey this message to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shennon
KL,
I have one friend who have not use the software for quite sometime. Lately, he reinstall the software but was unable to update the result. He was very angry and said the software already expired and cannot use anymore.

I doubted his claim, currently he is mad about the situation and don't want to talk about it. I think I better check with you on his behalf.

What was the situation?
Old 01/07/2005, 11:25 PM
Registered

chinchiaswee still new in analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltan

Let me further clarify this software maintenance support policy to all Win4D Advance or WinTOTO User.

You are given 12 months free maintenance support commencing from the day you install your software. This maintenance support covers the following items,
[/list]
would u suggest that even the reseller happen to hold 4 copies of win4d Adv to sell, yet did not sell off the 4 copies, and did not install the one he did not sell away, those copies will not be counted as from the date he purchase to sell.
Old 02/07/2005, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default Reseller

Thank you for your question.

Yes, the Maintenance software agreement is such that it starts on the date of your first installation. Our server will capture your information upon registration. This is to be fair to buyer who got the software and was only able to install a few months later.

But as a reseller, we had an exchange policy for newer version if he is unable to sell off within the release level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betfred
would u suggest that even the reseller happen to hold 4 copies of win4d Adv to sell, yet did not sell off the 4 copies, and did not install the one he did not sell away, those copies will not be counted as from the date he purchase to sell.
Old 02/07/2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

if i transfer the money to ur acc, then after u update my acc, is it meaning to say, i can install the latest version already.